WHO ARE WE?
Since 1916, Girls Incorporated of Worcester has been committed to inspiring all girls to be Strong, Smart, and Bold. Programs like our girls only basketball league, Eureka!, Leadership Academy, aquatics, and Girls Promoting Safety (GPS) are just some of the many ways Girls Inc. of Worcester motivates girls ages 5 to 18 to learn, grow, and be an effective part of our community. We are proud to serve 1,800 girls in Greater Worcester every year, helping them overcome gender, economic, and social obstacles.
Girls Incorporated of Worcester (Girls Inc.) is a non-profit organization with a proud 98 year history of supporting girls to navigate successfully through the challenges of growing up female, of inspiring girls to dream big dreams and gain the skills and confidence to achieve them, and to, with them, be their voice in the community.
OUR MISSION & VISION
Inspiring all girls to be strong (healthy), smart (educated), and bold (independent) by offering quality research-based programs in a safe environment and providing opportunities for girls to take healthy risks, build leadership skills and master physical, intellectual, social and emotional challenges.
IInspirar a las niñas y a las jóvenes a ser seguras, inteligentes, y decididas
Our vision is to be:
- the premier organization in Greater Worcester that empowers girls to realize their full potential and recognize their rights;
- widely recognized as the research-driven educator, collaborator, and advocate for girls and young women in our community;
- an organization with a sustainable business model, recognized throughout the community for having a professionally-trained and empowered staff and a strong brand image as THE organization that supports girls develop into strong and confident women.
- Girls have the right to be themselves and to resist gender stereotypes.
- Girls have the right to express themselves with originality and enthusiasm.
- Girls have the right to take risks, to strive freely and to take pride in success.
- Girls have the right to accept and appreciate their bodies.
- Girls have the right to have confidence in themselves and to be safe in the world.
- Girls have the right to prepare for interesting work and economic independence.
OUR PRIMARY FOCUSES